Saturday, May 22, 2010

Surgery, Sleep, and Sketch Cards


Well, it's been a while since I've set these chunky digits on the old blogspot! I've not been around the blog because back in April I had surgery to remove another brain tumor. Third times the charm! The surgery went well, but the recovery time had me out of action and sleeping for the better part of 6 weeks. I'm doing much better now and trying to get my draw back on. Which brings me to this Shazam sketch card that I did a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd put it on Ebay and see if I could make some fundage for the upcoming comic convention season, but to my dismay, this 2 piece sketch card treasure only went for 99 cents! Whoa-the ego goes down in flames. But...on the brighter side, the same buyer who bought this card waited until another of my sketch card auctions ended to buy that card too! That's what you call a return customer or in the biz, a FAN. Ego's stock going up! Who cares that he paid only 99 cents for the second card too.

No comments: