Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday Best of Both Worlds



Recently, we celebrated our oldest daughter's 5th birthday. Being a comic book fanboy and the only man in a family of four, I always get out-voted on the theme for each birthday party. In the past, my ideas have lost to the likes of Carebears, Nemo, and Princesses. But this year was different. Yes, this year would be THE birthday celebration that would make up for all the furballs, seaweed, and divas. This year we would have to put the S. H. E. I. L. D. helicarrier on auto-pilot, lockdown the Fortress of Solitude, and draw straws to see who would have watchtower duty so the many superheroes of the world could attend my 5 year old's birthday bash. Dressed as Supergirl, my super-girl had her friends dress as their favorite heroes in order to save the day from the vile Party Pooper. Even my youngest daughter got in on saving the day. Dressed as Batgirl, she amazed and astonished party-goers with her charisma and cuteness. The World's Finest tandem led the other little heroes in the various missions throughout the day. The party guest seem to soar through the atmosphere while playing musical chairs to the Superman theme. A superhero scavenger hunt to find the world's greatest heroes was completed to save the world. Finally, Wonder Woman's spectacular macaroni and cheese defeated my nemesis Hunger. When the party was over, my World's Finest retired to their stasis chamber for an afternoon nap. Silence once again filled the Halls of Justice, and all was well in the world. With the end of this successful heroic mission, you can bet that I've already begun planning my 2 year old's super birthday party in September.

No comments: