Sunday, May 4, 2008

Free Comic Book Day!



Wow, has it really been that long since I've blogged? Well it's about time! Just had to blog about the great time I had at Heroes Aren't Hard To Find for FCBD. This is how FCBD should be. The store was filled with folks scooping up those free comics and fanboys talking about the Ironman movie, the next crisis, or the next Skrull. Outside, the dollar bins were being swarmed by bargain hunters seeking to fill in those full runs or looking for those diamonds in the rough. The real fun started at 1:00 when the artist and writers arrived. It was awesome! I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked, but I did manage to score a couple of sweet sketches while I was there. I started off in Brian Stelfreeze's line. The man is incredible! I watched as he sketched a two-page Zoro to start his day of sketches. I was blown away! He seemed to really be having a great time sketching and goofing with the sketch seekers. After giving me a little bit of a hard time about Shazam being kinda lame, he proceeded to make the Big Red Cheese look as unlame(if that's a word) as he could look! If I would have left after that it would have been well worth the 150 mile trip to Charlotte, but there was more! I got in Sanford Greene's line next. After waiting in line for a short time, Sanford was able to sketch an electric Black Lightning for me to take to the house. Just like Brian, he seemed to be having a great time. A great time seemed to be a common thread among everyone there. After that, I moved through the crowd and to my car. That would be all the time I had to spend at FCBD this year. I had to be on the road to get back for a prior commitment, but the time I spent at this year's FCBD was time well spent. What a great way to get geared up for Heroescon! Thanks to the folks at Heroes for the fun day!

No comments: